Adam Burrill, L.Ac., MSOM, provides the best medical acupuncture with significant long lasting positive changes to a patient’s health. No matter what the challenge, Adam can provide the flexibility for the most effective solution to your health care needs. Adam is an expert in pain and sports medicine, but also works with women’s health, stress, neurological problems, aging and chronic disease.
Adam completed his undergraduate degree in Physics in 1997 and soon after initiated his journey into medicine by traveling to India to volunteer with the poor, combining science and compassion with service. Experiencing health challenges himself in India, he learned to appreciate a holistic approach where the emotional, spiritual and physical aspects of disease are acknowledged. Chinese Medicine does this better than any other medicine.
At the National College of Natural Medicine Adam studied acupuncture and Chinese herbology, as well as Chinese medicine’s classical texts, which deepen our modern understanding of health with ancient perspective. The focus of Adam’s thesis and internship were diseases that create atrophy and paralysis, typically seen as Multiple Sclerosis, Myasthenia Gravis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and other diseases. Since graduating, Adam has expanded his focus, but still continues to explore the roots of this ancient medicine for increased clinical effectiveness.
Adam currently focuses his work in three areas; the first being pain conditions, including sports medicine, chronic pain and acute injuries. The second is women’s health issues, where natural approaches are in high demand. The third is stress and related mental-emotional issues.
Education, Training, Licensure, Certifications
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of Oregon
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Acupuncture
- Master of Science, Oriental Medicine, National College of Natural Medicine 2011
- Certificate of Advanced Studies in Classical Chinese Medicine, NCNM 2011
- Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis, Brandt Stickley 2010-2011
- Neijing Acupuncture, Edward Neal, MD 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Physics, Seattle University 1997
- Oregon Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- International Society for the Study of Classical Acupuncture